Oriental, NC - 10 Day Able Seaman- Starts Sept. 19, 2022; UPGRADE Master 100-Ton: Oct 14-16; UPGRADE Master 200-Ton: Sept 6-8
ABLE SEAMAN, AB - $1360
(Special, Limited, Unlimited)
Take “A” or “B” in any order
Part “A” - $630 - Theory
General Description - The 44-hr. course, Part “A”, satisfies the written examination requirement and the practical knot tying assessment requirement.
Part “B” - $730 - Personal Survival Techniques & Proficiency in Survival Craft (Restricted) & STCW Elementary First Aid.
General Description - Part “B” satisfies the requirement for the 32-hr course and written examination and practical assessment requirements for any mariner requiring an endorsement in Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) restricted and the 8-hr Elementary First Aid examination and assessment requirement as set out in Table A-V1/1-3 of the STCW code.
SEA SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
- AB Special - 360 days deck service on any navigable waters of the US.
- AB Limited - 540 days deck service on vessels 100 GRT or over, not exclusive to rivers & smaller inland lakes of the US.
- AB Unlimited - 1080 days deck service on Oceans or Great Lakes.
ALL AB ratings MUST qualify as
or Lifeboatman-Limited (PSC)
Course Topics Include:
- Navigation Rules
- Lookout duties
- Helm orders
- Aids to Navigation
- Cargo Handling
- Fire Fighting & Prevention
- Launch & recovery of survival craft.
- Donning personal survival gear.
- Righting an overturned life raft.
All Able Seamen require either one of the following Lifeboatman endorsements:
- The endorsement in Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) (restricted) for mariners serving on vessels NOT equipped with traditional lifeboats. Such survival craft include rescue boats, inflatable life rafts, etc. (we offer this as Part “B” of our Able Seaman program)
- The endorsement as a Lifeboatman for mariners serving on vessels equipped with traditional lifeboats i.e., Cruise Ships (we DO NOT offer the Lifeboatman Endorsement).
- For this Endorsement, a day is defined as eight hours of watch standing or work day, not to include overtime - See Application, Forms & Instructions for more details.
- Sea Service can be counted back to your 16th birthday.
EAST COAST SCHEDULE
5-day $630 *
ORIENTAL, NC ONLY
Sept 19-23, 2022
Nov 7-11, 2022
Dec 5-9, 2022
Mar 6-10, 2023
Apr 17-21, 2023
Sept 18-22, 2023
Nov 6-10, 2023
5-day $730 *
ORIENTAL, NC ONLY
Sept 26-30, 2022
Nov 14-18, 2022
Dec 12-16, 2022
Mar 13-17, 2023
Apr 24-28, 2023
Sept 25-29, 2023
Nov 13-17, 2023
*Payment required in advance to secure your seat!
We'll accept cash, checks, debit or credit cards.
Tuition assistance available through First Citizens Bank. Contact email@example.com