Grafton, IL. 8 day OUPV-starts May 18, 2023 - Grafton, IL. 3 day UPGRADE Master 100 ton- Starts May 26, 2023 - Oriental, NC 3 day UPGRADE Master 100 ton-Starts June 23, 2023 - Oriental, NC 8 day OUPV-Starts July 7, 2023 - Coming in late August our 2024 class schedule.
You are here: Home / Training / Basic Training (STCW)
STCW BASIC TRAINING - $895
(Formerly called STCW-95 Basic Safety Training)
General Description - This course satisfies only the training and examination requirements. Practical demonstration of AB, QMED or Deck Officer skills must be signed off by a licensed officer on a vessel of 200 Gross Registered Tons (GRT) or more. This course is a compilation of four individual U.S.C.G. Approved courses, Basic Fire Fighting, Personal Survival Techniques, Personal Safety & Social Responsibility and Elementary First Aid. This course is offered in lieu of shipboard assessments, to obtain the STCW Certificate. This certificate is generally required on seagoing ships.
The 5-day program includes the following courses:
- 12-hr. STCW Personal Survival Techniques as set out in STCW Table A-V1/1-1
- 4-hr. STCW Personal Safety and Responsibilities as set out in STCW Table A-V1/1-4
- 8-hr. STCW Elementary First Aid as set out in STCW Table A-V1/1-3
- 16-hr. STCW Basic Fire Fighting as set out in STCW Table A-V1/1-2
Course Topics Include:
- Assessment of problems such as fire, collision and foundering
- Familiarity with common lifesaving equipment
- Principles concerning survival
- Don a PFD
- Don a Survival Suit
- Firefighting methods & equipment
- Fire prevention
- First Aid measures to be taken in emergency such as resuscitation, control bleeding, shock management, transport victim
EAST COAST SCHEDULE
5-day $895 *
ORIENTAL, NC ONLY
Mar 27-31, 2023
May 1-5, 2023
Oct 2-6, 2023
*Payment required in advance to secure your seat!
We'll accept cash, checks, debit or credit cards.
Tuition assistance available through First Citizens Bank. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org