NEW CLASS UPDATE!!***ORIENTAL: OUPV July 10, 2020; Assistance Towing July 14, 2020; Upgrade to Master 100-Ton July 18, 2020**License Renewal August 4, 2020 *****GRAFTON, IL: OUPV July 13, 2020; Assistance Towing July 15, 2020; OUPV Upgrade to Master 100-Ton July 19, 2020*****
You are here: Home / Additional Services / MROP
REMEMBER: this must be done before registering for the MROP exam.
MROP - Marine Radio Operations Permit (Element 1)
FCC Requirement on:
- Vessels certified by USCG that carry more than 6 passengers on open sea or tide waters of the US.
- Vessels more than 300 gross tons on open sea.
- Certain vessels that sail the Great Lakes (generally considered commercial vessels).
- Must be legal resident of the US.
- Must be able to receive and transmit messages in English.
- Must pass written examination - FCC Element One
Examinations will be given by appointment only on the first Monday of each month at 0800 or 1300 (a 4hr time slot is required by FCC to complete examination).
The cost for proctoring of the examination is $75 payable to World Wide Marine Training, LLC the day of the examination.
Exams are scheduled by contacting:
Testing fee: $65 Registration Fee
The test consists of 24 questions randomly drawn from a pool of 170 questions for Element 1 only. To pass the test it requires 18 correct answers for Element 1 only.
1. Self-study by downloading pool of Element One test questions from http://wireless.fcc.gov/commoperators/element1.doc