2021 NEW CLASS UPDATE!! CHECK SCHEDULE FOR LOCATIONS***ORIENTAL, NC: * 2-Day License Renewal Aug 4, 2020 * Radar Observer Aug 17, 2020****WILMINGTON, NC: OUPV Aug 24, 2020****
STCW ADVANCED MARITIME FIRE FIGHTING, STCW GAP CLOSING COURSES - $795
This Coast Guard approved 32-hour, 4-day, course covers the requirements of Chapter VI, Section A-VI/3 and Table A-VI/3 of STCW-95 Convention. Upon completion of 32-hours of instruction (written and practical) each student will meet minimum standards of competence in taking command, organize and train fire parties, inspect and service fire detection/extinguishing systems and equipment, investigate incidents regarding fire and control firefighting operations.
General Description - This 4-day “Gap Closing” course is required for mariner’s STCW officer endorsement(s) renewal and provides evidence of maintaining the standard of competence in Advanced Fire Fighting as found in 46 CFR 11.303(b) and further described in NVIC 09-14.
General Course Description: This course runs for 4 consecutive days. Class hours are 8:00 am through 5:30 pm 4 days of instruction with testing on the 4th day.
Course Topics Include:
- Firefighting procedures at sea and in port
- Use of water for fire extinguishing, effect on ship stability, precautions and corrective procedures
- Communication/coordination during firefighting operations
- Ventilation control
- Control of fuel and electrical systems
- Firefighting process hazards
- Management & control of injured crewmembers/persons
- Coordinating shore based firefighters while in port
EAST COAST SCHEDULE
Adv Fire Fighting
4-Day $795 *
ORIENTAL, NC ONLY
Oct 12, 2020
*Payment required in advance to secure your seat!
We'll accept cash, checks, debit or credit cards.
Tuition assistance available through First Citizens Bank. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org